Wednesday, February 6, 2008

*sigh*

It is so hard telling someone you love that you are not comfortable with their lifestyle choices. I have been battling with this for sometime now, and finally felt that I was ready to make my feelings clear. I guess I shouldn't say "ready". I never feel ready for this kind of thing, no matter how long I think and pray about what I should or should not say. I always have this underlying feeling that I will be rejected no matter what I say. I also knew that I HAD to say something because if I didn't I would be lying to myself as well as my Heavenly Father. During this process of trying to sort out my feelings, I reflected on my own inner demons and past experiences. This sort of lifestyle used to not bother me...in fact, I was interested in it. However, now I know that this is not the path that leads to righteousness. It is a path that leads to pain and destruction. This is exactly where Lucifer wants us to be. We may not even see it as being wrong. He slowly skews our perceptions and makes us think that what we are doing is ok. He slowly changes our moral compass so that instead of leading us down that straight and narrow path, we are wandering in utter darkness. It is amazing how subtle he is. If you stray just a little, he will continue to steer you clear of your first intended path. I look back on what my life used to be like and I wonder where I would be if I would not have listened to the subtle prompting of the Holy Ghost. I have changed so much. I am much happier and I know that I am striving to hang on to that iron rod that leads back to Him. I am greatful for the knowledge I have of the Savior and his sacrifice for me. Without Him where would we be? He made it possible for us to repent of our sins to return to live with Him and our Father in Heaven. What a wonderful gift! I am greatful for being able to recognize the subtle promptings of the Holy Ghost. I know that he has helped me along this path. I am greatful for the many positive examples that uplift me continually. Without them my bucket would be VERY empty! I am grateful that I had this opportunity to share my true feelings and testimony, with this loved one, about their current lifestyle. I still love them and am SO grateful that they are a part of my life! They have many positive attributes...it just saddens me to see what they are choosing to do with them. I hope and pray that they will try to understand where I am coming from and I pray that I will continue to be the example Heavenly Father wants me to be.

No comments: